More Options For Homebuyers This Spring, Market Continues to Calm
Based on your feedback and a desire to make this report even easier to digest in a short amount of time I am trying a new format this month. Rather than “conversational” text this month’s highlights will be presented in bullet point form. Please feel free to let me know what you think. A spreadsheet and graphs are included as always, but the bullet points are intended to summarize and highlight that information.
• Number of homes for sale 1455 (+18.2% vs Feb 2018)
• 4th straight month of positive year over year inventory, 2nd month in a row of double digit increases
• Closed sales (707) up 1.7% in February
• First monthly increase since October. Sales trend has been generally negative since last July
• Inventory at 2.1 months, 4th straight month over 2.0 after being at or below 2 for well over a year
• Average Days on Market at 52, highest since February 2018
• Average Days on Market are twice what they were in August (26)
• Average price per square foot in Ada County $171, up 11% vs 2018
• Lowest percentage increase in one year
• Average Sales Price $360K, up 6.8%
• Lowest percentage increase in almost 2 years
• New construction inventory up 23.4% (901), Sales up 14.3%
• 37.2% of homes sold in February were new construction
• 61.9% of homes for sale in February were new construction
• In Canyon County sales and inventory trends similar to Ada County but prices continue to surge
• Average $/sf +20.5%, Average sale price +19.2%
SUMMARY BOISE (ADA COUNTY) MARKET STATS FOR FEBRUARY 2019
*Does not include manufactured homes **see detailed graphs below for more information.
|Type||# Sold||% +/-||% of Total Sold||# For Sale||% +/-||% of Total For Sale||$/SF||% +/-||Average Sold Price||% +/-||Days on Market||% +/-||Months Inventory|
Windermere Real Estate/Boise Valley
1412 W Idaho St.
Boise, ID 83702